Sunday, March 28, 2010

weather in HK for the next week 3/25-4/2

Hello,





I will be arriving in HK on the 25 and have checked weather.com and it says it will be raining!!! =( Wednesday and Thursday that showed up online showed thunderstorms....is it really that bad?! It will be my first time there really didnt want it to rain but you can%26#39;t stop the weather!





Another question: is it constant rain or just usually showers? Do rainstorms last a long time (few hours) or shorter? I need some advice of what kind of clothes to pack.





Thanks,



Judy





less than 7 days away!



weather in HK for the next week 3/25-4/2


It will be warm and humid since it%26#39;s spring time. It%26#39;s too early to say whether it will rain for sure as weather patterns may change.





http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm



weather in HK for the next week 3/25-4/2


Hi there,





We were in Hong Kong last week and I was watching the forcasts for a few weeks before we left.



For the week we were there it was totally overcast and grey skies all the time. Not blue for one moment.



The sun peeked through a couple of times only to shine on a building for a few moments.





It was forcasting rain on a couple of the days but all that happened was a tiny drizzle that hardly hit the ground.



I was speaking to a lady in a shop and she said '; Oh you are so lucky that weren%26#39;t here last week ( the week before) as it rained so much';.



I really think that it is hit and miss with any forcast. Good luck.



Last week though I was cold in Hong Kong. I wore a t-shirt, then a long sleeve t- shirt, then a coat and scarf, out and about. 12 - 19 C.....but then again , I come from sunny S.E. Queensland, Australia. Now I%26#39;m back to 30 C and want it to be cooler so I can wear all my winter clothes again.




I%26#39;m in HK at the moment. The weather is warm and humid (bear in mind that I am a Brit!), about 25C in the afternoons. The mornings are misty and cloudy but the sun tends to break through later.





Here%26#39;s the forecast for the next week: http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm.





Don%26#39;t rely on it though!




Each week is very different at the moment. The first 2 weeks of March were very grey and quite cool but the last week has been very warm, around 27C today, and humid with some sun onc the mist has cleared.





However, it appears the northeast monsoon will re-emerge next week to bring cooler, wetter weather to HK, about 20-22C by day and 17-19C by night. The monsoon tends to last for a few days before warmer weather will likely reappear but of course we are getting towards some of the wetter months now.





It really is hit and miss at the moment!




Judy --





Agree with the others that have hooked you up with the Hong Kong Observatory. Watch the site for several days before you arrive, and you%26#39;ll know almost exactly what the weather will be like.





My trips there -- steady, all day rain I have rarely seen. Usually just localized showers. Don%26#39;t count on clear blue skies also.





My advice -- pack a very light windbreaker / raincoat. All the locals carry umbrellas which are MUCH better in the warmer weather. A heavy raincoat will make you sweat like crazy.





Inexpensive umbrellas are available most anywhere.





Have a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment