Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Time between flights

Hi! I have about a 10 hour transit in HK. I arrive at about 6 am and depart at 10 pm. I wanted to go into HK and spend some time there. I have been doing some research and looks like the best things to see are the Giant Buddha, Victoria Peak, and places around Kowloon like Tsim Sha Tsui and Mong Kok. I want to know if i have enough time to go to them all as i know that Lantau Island and Central/Kowloon are quite far apart.





it seems to me that almost everything opens only after about 10 am. And I need to come back to the hotel around 7:30 - 8 pm. That gives me roughly 9-10 hrs to spend. Is that enough to go see all these places or should i cut one from the list?





I am traveling with another person and we are very mobile. The only problem is being fresh for our trip but i saw there is a shower in the airport so that is also fine.



Time between flights


I think so, although the peak doesn%26#39;t open as such, just the shops at the top. So you can go there early and avoid the worst of the queues. I think the tram starts at 7.30. The is someone who does transit tours which prob. include most stuff. Min 5 hrs available needed.



Time between flights


You could visit Lantau Island first since the aiport is on Lantau. Not sure what time the cable car begins (think it is 10 weekdays) so you%26#39;d have to take a bus to the Big Buddha, getting there before the crowds; then cable car back to Tung Chung; MTR to HKG Island and all afternoon in HKG.





You don%26#39;t really need a hotel for 10 hours if you plan to be active during the stopover. Assuming you already have your boarding pass for the second flight and your luggage is being checked through to your final destination you would need to board the Airport Express about 8:30 pm to return to the airport.




If you flight lands early and you have cleared immigration before 7:00am, then I would suggest you start with the Peak. If it%26#39;s later than 7:00am, start with Big Buddha. The first bus from Ngong Ping is 8:10am.





In between the two, you should have enough time to walk around Mong Kok (Ladies Market), Tsim Sha Tsui (promenade with harbour view, suggest you ride Star Ferry around 7:30pm, then head back to airport by 8:30pm), Hollywood Road (a bit of everything, antiques, small restaurants, fresh food market).




A quick correction:





On weekdays, the first bus from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping is 7:10am, then next one is 8:10am if you miss it.





On weekends, the first bus is 8:10am.




Thanks to all of you. Gave me some very helpful advice that i will definitely use.





for zhuhai2007 and sammyfloyd, i had initially thought that the buses and cable cars open around the same time and since cable car is faster, i decided to start my trip at 10 am. But since bus starts earlier, i will gain an extra 2-3 hrs on my trip overall. Thanks for the info

No comments:

Post a Comment