Friday, March 26, 2010

Destination - Yangshao

I am taking my wife on a surprise trip to China for our 30th wedding anniversary in October 2009. Arriving in Hong Kong and would like to visit Yangshao as I%26#39;ve heard good things about it.





Our time is limited and I am looking for advice on the best way to travel from Hong Kong to Yangshao, How much time should I spend/enjoy in Yangshao. After that we need to head for Beijing.





Can anyone help with a suggested 4-5 day itinerary for Homg Kong %26amp; Yangshao? Most important would be efficient travel recommendations and scenic settings.





Hotel and attraction site information and things to do would be greatly appreciated. Budget would be above average (hey, it%26#39;s a 30th)





Thanks for all help!



Destination - Yangshao


4-5 days for Hong Kong AND Yangshuo? How many days for Beijing? Most people would spend in 4-5 days in either HK or Yangshuo, not both combined. As you time is limited, perhaps you should fly to Guilin from HK or Shenzhen, and spend a night or maybe two in Yangshuo.





The week after October 1 is a major holiday in China when attractions are very crowded and travelling can be difficult.



Destination - Yangshao


For information on Yangshuo look on the yangers website www.yangers.com



For places to stay do search on the review section for Yangshuo hotels. There are no 5 star hotels as such but there are lots of wonderful retreats / guest houses.



There is heaps to do so you will easily fill a couple of days %26amp; at night get some tickets for the Impressions show.



Have a great time:)




4-5 day Hongkong and Yangshuo is limited, 2 days tour itinerary for your reference:



Day 1. Visit Yulong River for bamboo rafting, Moon Hill, Banyan Tree Park, villages.





Day 2. Visit Xingping old town, take cruise in Xingping section for about one and half hour, visit fuli old town.




rahanman,





In my opinion HK is just another big city and since the economic Kowloon is not nearly as lively as it was prior to the economic downturn. I mean there are some nice islands but he Philippines and Thailand offer better options here and some things to see but once you are in a Mall apart from the amount of Asian faces you could be home.





Yangshuo and Beijing offer you unique glimpses into the life of China from the city lifestyle and cultural sites in and around Beijing to the chinese country lifestyle unique topography of the land around Yangshuo.





If I were you I would fly into Shenzhen or Guangzhou and take a connecting flight to Guilin. This will give you more time at two of the best areas in China and I am sure you will not regret it.





If you want to have a look at a slide show of the Dragons Backbone Rice terraces contact me on pwintle00@hotmail.com as I cannot send it to you here





Lucky Aussie




What a nice surprise for your wife! I just got back from H.K. and Yangshou this week. And I agree with Lucky Aussie: it is just a big city -- however, if you love eating and shopping, that is the place to be. I, however, preferred Yangshou and flew there from H.K. Try to spend at least 2 or 3 days there, as it is absolutely gorgeous, if beautiful scenery is what you want. The glorious sights fed my soul in Yangshou, and I used Jade, the local guide who answered your question, above. In fact, when you wrote your question, I was in H.K. and on my way to meet Jade. He is an awesome guide and will meet your every need.



If you stay in Yangshou, stay at the Paradise Hotel, but upgrade to DELUXE. It was a very nice and spacious room. I understand the standard room is not nice at all, and I am glad we upgraded. Location is perfect, too. Their massage and reflexology is very good, too. -- but don%26#39;t eat there--it%26#39;s awful -- even their breakfast!!!



Do the bamboo rafting from Xingping to Yanti and also on the Yulong River and experience the villages.




Have a look at www.guilin-yangshuo-guide.com





It%26#39;s got lots of travel recommendations and info

No comments:

Post a Comment