Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Anyone backpacking Tibet July 2009 ?

Hi, i%26#39;m looking for travel companion(s) to backpack in Tibet from July 09 till August 09.





Before that, i%26#39;ll be visiting Hanoi (climbing mount fansipan) and then crossing over to Kunming (Lijiang, Dali, Shangrila) then up to Lhasa. I%26#39;m still in the midst of planning the itinerary. Anyone has done similar trips before, hope you%26#39;re willing to share your travel experiences/itineraries with me.





At the same time, if you/ or friends are interested in travelling Tibet and/or Kunming together with me, feel free to drop me a message. I%26#39;ll be more that delighted to hear from you !





Cheers,



Weizhen



Singapore





Anyone backpacking Tibet July 2009 ?


How do you plan to get from Shangri-la to Lhasa?



Anyone backpacking Tibet July 2009 ?


Hi, I will be in Anhui around mei-june, and I would love to visit Tibet (but lets see if i have money left after i spent most of my time in Hongkong), the problem is, i heard that Tibet is closed for tourism recently, go check chinese embassy website.




If you haven%26#39;t already, you might also want to post your request on the other forums below.



www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum.jspa…



community.travelchinaguide.com/companions/



www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?ForumID=3



I%26#39;ve only done the Yunnan part, so I%26#39;m not sure how much help I would be to you. No, not travelling there again, sorry!




Rronald_25





You are right about Tibet being closed until the end of March this year, but hopefully it will be open by summer. However, the Chinese embassy website is probably one of the last places to look for correct information on Tibet - last week one of their spokesmen was saying Tibet was still open to foreign tourists.




I read from the news today ';



A Tibetan monk is reported to have been shot by Chinese police after setting himself on fire in a one-man protest.';. The situation isn%26#39;t going too well, hopefully the tension will ease soon..





Btw, anyone here has tried to enter tibet successfully from kunming without any permit via their public bus ? I read it from http://guillop.free.fr/Tibet2004_story.htm and i was thinking of giving it a try. From what i read, the police/soldiers seem pretty lax on foreigners going into Tibet.




Thanks all for your replies !


  • bebo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment