Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Advice/Help Needed

Hi,





My wife and I will be travelling to China in the last week of September for 18 days. I have been going through these forums trying to figure what we should do. At the moment:





6 nights in Beijing



6 nights in Shanghai



6 nights in Hong Kong





I don%26#39;t have the slightest clue what city I should shorten and which cities to add.





We%26#39;re both in our late 20%26#39;s, early 30%26#39;s and aren%26#39;t big fans of looking at structures while sightseeing, except for the must-see like GW, Forbidden City, etc..





I know that I%26#39;m starting my research early but I really want this to be an amazing trip for my wife and I want to be prepared.





PLEASE HELP!!!



Advice/Help Needed


Why on earth are you spending so much time in big cities? What are you interested in?





I%26#39;d cut Beijing %26amp; HKG down to 4 days and Shanghai to 2, then depending on your interests add 2 days in Xi%26#39;an; 2 days in Hangzhou and 3-4 days in Guilin/Yangshuo OR add 6-8 days in Yunnan.



Advice/Help Needed


I agree with Zhuhai. 18 days is a long time to be spending in just 3 cities but I guess you are still working on your itinerary:)



Beijing - 4 nights



Xian - 1 night



Yangshuo (Guilin) - 4 nights



Hangzhou - 1 to 2 nights



Shanghai - 3 nights



Hong Kong - 3 - 4 nights





or



Beijing



Yunnan - via Kunming - Dali, Lijiang and Zhongdian(Shangri-La)



Hangzhou



Shanghai



Hong Kong





Good luck with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment