Sunday, March 28, 2010

GZ to Kaiping to HK? Travel advice?

Hi, I%26#39;ll be travelling with my family to Kaiping to visit my father%26#39;s ancestral village next week. We%26#39;ll be travelling by bus to Kaiping. Would anyone have any information for quick/convienent travel from Haiping to Hong Kong? I%26#39;d like to arrive in HK as early as possible to maximize my time before departing for home. I understand that there is a ferry and a bus service. If you could advise or direct me to a website with a schedule, it would be greatly appreciated!





Thanks very much1



GZ to Kaiping to HK? Travel advice?


Chu Kong Passenger Transport





www.cksp.com.hk/eng/price_list/main.html





Ferry/bus to SANBU Port (涓夊煚娓?



GZ to Kaiping to HK? Travel advice?


Thank you, drumbrake. I was able to open the site, but couldn%26#39;t access the bus and ferry schedule. Is Sanbu where I end my journey?




If I remember correctly, you catch a ferry to Zhongshan and then bus from there (or other way when returning).




Try http://www.cksp.com.hk/price_list/HKToGD.pdf for the updated schedule. Ferries leave from China Ferry Terminal at 0830 and 1600 daily, fare 180 HKD. There%26#39;s some round-trip special for this route. After the ferry ride there%26#39;s a free shuttle bus to Zhongshan.




Thanks, ellyse and drumbrake. You%26#39;ve helped me a couple of times now and I really appreciate it.





This may sound dumb, but what/where is Zhongshan?





Ellyse, because I%26#39;m leaving FROM Kaiping, should I get the ferry from Sanbu to the China Ferry Terminal? Where is this ferry terminal located? Sorry for all the questions. Schedules stress me out!




Zhongshan is another city in Guangdong province.



Yes, you%26#39;ll need to get the ferry from Sanbu port to Hong Kong. Look on the PDF file for the departure times, I think there%26#39;s only at 0739.



Sorry, can%26#39;t help you with specifics, I%26#39;ve not been to Kaiping, nor Zhongshan!




My understanding, from friends who visit Kaiping regularly, is that the Sanbu ferry has been discontinued and Drumbrake is correct about taking a bus to neighbouring Zhongshan City. You have to understand that roads in China have imporved enormously in recent years and travel by bus is much quicker than ferry so where there are motorways %26amp; bridges the ferries have been phased out. Only the long sea journeys across the Pearl River Delta still have the ferries as the fastest way to travel.




It%26#39;s too bad that they did not update their website to reflect the discontinued ferry. I think it would be nicer on the bus to see the landscape.





zhuhai2007, you came to my rescue once again! Thanks to you as well.




look at siyigenealogy.proboards28.com/index.cgi鈥?/a>


  • stop blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment