Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tianjin - Xian - Beijing?

Hello there,





I will arrive and depart at Tianjin airport.





How convenient is it to go the train station from the airport? I would like to take the train to Beijing, and vice versa?





If I am considering Xian as part of my 8 day trip, should I depart straight from Tianjin?



i.e. Tianjin - Xian - Beijing - Tianjin





or, will it be better if Xian is combined with other cities for another trip? I think Xian is rather far.







I welcome your suggestions as to other cities to be included in my 8 day trip.







Thank you!





Tricia



Tianjin - Xian - Beijing?


hi Tricia





I don%26#39;t know if there%26#39;s a train connecting the airport, but I think it%26#39;s not hard to find any other transportation to take you to a train station. There are more than one stations in TJ and I don%26#39;t know which one you should go to take a train east...





But I can answer the rest of the questions:





1. There are trains frequently go between BJ%26amp;TJ, and there are many different types of train you can choose. I would suggest the most expensive one. It%26#39;s very fast and comfortable, otherwise you might have to be squashed into a wagon and suffer for hours to get to BJ.





2. If you go to Xian by train or coach, spare a lot of hours for tranportation. So whether or not you%26#39;re going to Xian, it depends on what you%26#39;ll do in BJ. Beijing is huge and has lots to see. Plus, places like the forbidden city, temple of heaven and the great wall are unimaginably grand, which can cost you a whole afternoon to walk about. I think you should spend at least 3 days to see BJ(but prepare to be hectic and tired).





3. If you go to Xian by air, that%26#39;s much better I think. I also personally think that it%26#39;s not necessary to combine cities other than BJ TJ XA to your trip. For China is much too big for a 8 days%26#39; trip.





Hope this can help



Tianjin - Xian - Beijing?


There are THREE Train Stations in Tianjin. These are Tianjin Train Station, Tianjin Western Train Station and Tianjin North Train Station. The direct way is that take by taxi to Train Station. The cheapest way is that take by airport shuttle bus to Tianjin City and then take by public bus or taxi to Train Station.





Do suggest you to stay in Tianjin when you arrive on that day. and then taking by train from Tianjin to Xian is very convenient.



There is ONLY ONE train starting from Tianjin daily so you have to book the train ticket in advance 10 days.



The train K213 (17:10--11:15) start from Tianjin Train Station to Xian (1332km) lasting about more 18 hours.





Xian 2 days and 1 night is enough. and then take by night train from Xian to Beijing (1200km) lasting about 11 hours.





Beijing 4 days and 3 nights would be OK. and then take by Bullet train from Beijing to Tianjin (150km) lasting about more 30 minutes.




Thanks for your input.



It was helpful.







cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment