Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shanghai visit on a stopover

Hi



I am flying into Pudong on an international flight ( in a fortnight) and will be there from 7.30 am until my next flight to Australia at 2.15 pm.



Is it a good idea to go into Shanghai on the Maglev (as it%26#39;s fast) and have a couple of hours to have a little look and stretch my legs?





Do you need a visa? If so are they expensive? or hard to get?





I will only have my hand luggage with me as my main luggage will go straight through. Is it slow to go through customs on the way out? Or slow at the airport to check in again?





Any advice would be appreciated.





I know there are similar things already posted but not in the last year or two (that I could find)





Thanks



Shanghai visit on a stopover


1. sure, good idea to go out of the airport and have a look at Shanghai:)



2. if you transiting flight is within 48 hours, visa free.



3. from terminal 2 will be within 45mins, leave your luggage at baggage deposit place after you check-out,then go for your trip in Shanghai:D



4.take maglev, don%26#39;t buy round trip ticket unless you want to get back to maglev station before 9pm.Maglev + metro line 2 the fastest way to get into city.

No comments:

Post a Comment