Monday, December 12, 2011

One way airfares

A round trip airfare from the states to Beijing is cheaper than a one-way fare, which is all I really want. I intend on visiting other cities in Asia, so I would be taking another flight out of China to Thailand and elsewhere before returning home, and therefore, returning to the states from another country entirely. I guess my question is: Would there be any problem with the Chinese government if I was not on the return flight? I would still be leaving Beijing, but forfeiting my originally ticketed return flight in place of another flight.



One way airfares


For a Chinese visum you need proof of a departure flight out of China.





If you book your follow up flight before you apply for a visum, there should be no problem. The government does not care how you leave, as long as you leave.





If you use your return ticket as proof of a return flight and book your follow on flight in China, this flight must be within the period your visum is valid. Better is that this flight is before the date of your ';fake'; return flight.





So if you keep within the visum regulations there are no problems. When you are in China, just notify the flight company that you cancel the return flight. This is a quit normal thing.



One way airfares


They don%26#39;t care. Actually I don%26#39;t think that they even care for a proof by showing a ticket going into the country. I was never asked this except during the olympics.



Why forfeit your return ticket,? How about buying a ticket with a different return city? That should be cheaper.




My itinerary is one month in Beijing, one week in Bangkok, and anothesr month of so in Sydney. Every airline configuration I try comes out to $4,000-$7,000. A one way to Beijing and back to Chicago is abou $1,700, round trip is under $1,000. So, I could buy a round trip to Beijing, and only use the inbound ticket...buy a round trip to Sydney, and only use the outbound ticket, and make arrangements to get from Beijing to Thailand and then to Sydney for about $700....so I%26#39;m thinking the total cost would be under $3,000 for flights. I%26#39;ve tried going the direct route for all of them...and it is way more expensive.




Why not look for a return to Sydney via Hong Kong and Bangkok from the US with Cathay Pacific / Singapore / Thai Airlines.




Sounds like a simple decision. Just don%26#39;t use the second part of the ticket.




Chi-town,





On continental website, click on multiple destination. Then enter flight from chicago to beijing and returning from sydney to chicago. You should be able to this if continental flys out from those locations.




';circle pacific tickets';

No comments:

Post a Comment