Monday, December 12, 2011

3 - 3 1/2 weeks in China

My husband and I are planning a trip to China and would like to spend around 3 l/2 weeks there. I%26#39;ve played around with an itinerary and would really appreciate any input, suggestions or deletions. We are independent travelers in our early 60%26#39;s and are in good health. From everything I%26#39;ve read, I don%26#39;t think we%26#39;ll need guides for most places. We don%26#39;t mind hiring drivers or guides when needed, but really do enjoy discovering places and things ourselves. We love the adventure, but are always cautious. Also, we hate to keep moving from one place to another every day or two, so the ideal time at each place for us is around 3-4 days. But, we do understand that if there%26#39;s not much to see, then less days is an option.





I%26#39;ve listed the places and amount of time that we would like to spend at each location:





Arrive Beijing and spend 4 nights





2 nights Xian





4 nights Hong Kong





2-3 nights Guilin/Long Sheng





2 nights Yangshuo





1-2 nights Suzhou %26amp; Tongli





3-4 nights Shanghai %26amp; then home





We are open to all ideas and opinions and really do appreciate any advice. We%26#39;ve had wonderful experiences with Trip Advisor forums in the past and have done some wonderful trips because of all of you.





Thank you.



3 - 3 1/2 weeks in China


i would do all of china first (starting from beijing moving south) then leave HK for the finale before flying back home.



3 - 3 1/2 weeks in China


I think you are right. You%26#39;re the second person that told me to do Hong Kong last.





I guess we should change our itinerary to:





Beijing,



Xian



Shanghai



Suzhou %26amp; Tongli



Guilin/Yangshou



Hong Kong





Also, I%26#39;m wondering if Hangzhou is a better place to spend time v. Suzhou/Tongli? Any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment