Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advice Needed

OK - Our airline, China Eastern has cancelled our flights to China, just because they felt like it I guess. As a result, I am arriving in Shanghai a day later and with considerably less money after booking a replacement flight





I originally wanted to spend 5 days in the Yangshuo area, then fly onto Xian, before getting the train to Beijing.





Now, I am trying to save money, and I am thinking of extending my time in Guilin /Yangshuo by 2 days and going straight to Beijing. Is this a better idea, or is Xi%26#39;an really worth a visit for 2 nights?





Advice Needed


Xi%26#39;an for most people is all about the Terracotta Warriors. Some people thing they are amazing, and others wonder why they traveled all that way to stand in a pit looking at something they could see more clearly on a DVD. There are other things--the city wall, Muslim quarter with its mosque an market, but you can probably skip Xi%26#39;an.



Advice Needed


It is good to see besides the warriors %26amp; for the reasons Travellevret has listed.



But if you are trying to save some dosh then skip it.



I am not sure where you are staying in Shanghai %26amp; Beijing but look at Chinese run accommodation as opposed to Western places to save a bit more money. Some of them are very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment