Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chinese pans

Hi,





I was wondering if anyone would know where I can buy chinese pans 8 inch and 10 inch (either stainless steel or heavy alumunium) to steam ';lao bak go'; or ';wu tao go'; - that is open to the general public to buy? Not the disposable ones but the ones where I can re-use many times? I know this might be a wild card...any help is much appreciated...





Thank You! :)



Chinese pans


shanghai street in yau ma tei is your best bet





i found a blog explaining and giving directions





http://www.unlawyer.net/?p=1037



Chinese pans


Wing On department store has a good kitchenware section and you buy something decent. I%26#39;d hesitate to buy something from places like the low-end Japan Home Store as quality could be lacking.





See locations at this link:





www.wingonet.com/store_loc/store_loc.php鈥?/a>




those sold at Yaumatei/Shanghai St are commercial grade yet inexpensive. But can%26#39;t you just get them in Vancouver Chinese restaurant supply stores? There should be plenty.




I agree with bibimbob. I am sure they are available at Vancouver. In fact, a Western style baking dish would work just as well for the turnip cake, etc. When I lived in the States, my family used to make the same cakes in the Western style pans.




thanks everyone!





I tried checking the stores in Vancouver, and they don%26#39;t seem to have ones made with stainless steel. i thought it would be better quality the ones made in HK :)





Thanks everyone, much appreciated! I know this one was a bit of a wild card!

No comments:

Post a Comment