Friday, April 2, 2010

Is it safe to go to Huangshan in winter time?

Since it takes 3 hours bus journey from Hangzhou to Huangshan, is it safe to take long-haul bus during winter time? My concern is that the snowing may make the road slippery. I am quite scared the long-haul bus journey in China and I am not sure if the road is wide.





Is it safe to walk on the mountain? Though I will take cable car, I am thinking of whether it is safe to go during winter time.





Is it safe to take overnight train as well?



Is it safe to go to Huangshan in winter time?


It doesn%26#39;t really snow much in this area, due to the altitude -- 2008 was an exception. It does snows up on Huangshan though, because of the higher altitude.



I%26#39;ve heard that the main trails on Huangshan are swept clear of snow, but it still makes sense to wear good hiking shoes with good grip during winter.



Yes, overnight trains are definitely safe!



Is it safe to go to Huangshan in winter time?


I read that some Huangshan hotels at mountain top provides winter hiking shoes, presumably with spikes. I also read from a post by a Huangshan park staff saying that the xihai (west sea)hiking area is closed from Dec 1 to March 31.


  • bebo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment