Friday, April 2, 2010

Hotel for family of 3 for 900-1000 HKD - possible?

Hi all,





I will be traveling with my parents to Hong Kong for five nights. We are looking to stay in one room that accommodates all three of us for around 900-1000 HKD. A hostel would not be suitable. I just want a nice clean room with no bugs! ;-)





Is this even possible? I know 900-1000 is not a lot.





I found the Holiday Inn Express, and it seems reasonable with one double bed and a sofa bed. I also have emailed Hotel Benito and am waiting for a response.





Are there any other hotels you would suggest?





Thanks!



Tola



Hotel for family of 3 for 900-1000 HKD - possible?


When are you traveling as this will make a difference in what you pay



Hotel for family of 3 for 900-1000 HKD - possible?


Oh right! Sorry.





May 3 - 8.





Thanks!



Tola




Try the Bishop Lei, I have stayed here numerous times and it is well priced for being on th Island



Check the following link out http://www.bishopleihtl.com.hk/Rate.htm





I was there in April last year and there was three off us in one unit (I think it was the harbour view twin room) but 2 of us slept in the bedroom and they set up a bed in the ';lounge';. I thing we paid an additional HK$150.00 for the extra bed (dont quote me on this)per night and this was peak season.





This Hotel is up the hill by the escalators but has a bus stop outside the door with bus%26#39;s coming every couple of minutes.




Hi!





The emails I am getting back from the hotels are discouraging.





Benito quoted 1400-1600 per night



Eaton quoted 1500-2000 per night





I personally think trying to find something for 900-1000 is going to be impossible, but my father insists. I think at this point I don%26#39;t even mind staying in my own room - it will probably work out to be the same $$ wise anyway.





Tola




Hi Tola,





Have you tried Nathan Hotel? You can get a superior room for that period for HKD 850/night, looks like it can accommodate three adults, although I am not sure if they will charge you extra for the cot =)






Tola,





You should try Bishop Lei



It%26#39;s below HK$1000. I just got a quote for Jun 09 and it%26#39;s around HK$650 + 10% for a room.




I can ABSOLUTELY vouch for the Anne Black Guest House in the MONGKOK district. They run a fantastic operation. Courteous, kind, professional -- they%26#39;ve got the whole package. I ususally book them through www.asiatravel.com I believe -- and have always been treated well.




I just checked the website for Royal Plaza Hotel - http://www.royalplaza.com.hk/main.do





They have a superior room with two double beds for HK1050 per night from May 3rd to May 8th.




I checked the Renaissance Kowloon and it shows 882 as the lowest rate (not corporate), which is pretty good for the time! However, you can add on stuff like breakfast and internet which increases the price.




Hi there



I booked a Superior Room (2 Double Beds) at the Royal Plaza for HK3300 for 4 nights.





I used this site which had some really great rates:



www.booking.com





I saved a lot by booking through the site instead of directly through the hotel.





Good luck - it can be done within your budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment